It has been developed and designed for those that like to cook from scratch.
- Key nutritional information – calories, fat, protein, sugars, fibre etc.
- Choose either US or UK government databases
- Uses non-weight measures including cups, spoons, liquids etc.
- And average measures – e.g. small, medium or large carrot
- Recipes can be deleted or a custom ingredient edited
- Recipes are added from either US or UK
- The recipe can be divided by portions and the content per weighed portion is displayed
- It’s possible to choose if the dish is cooked or not – cooking may result in weight loss which can then change the nutritional content of a dish
It costs £3.99 and is available from the iTunes store. It might be easier to find by using the weblink below rather than searching in the App Store.
It seems that an Android version is being developed as well.
The App is NHS approved and is listed on the NHS Choices Health Apps.
More details can be found at www.cookandcount.com
WLSinfo does not endorse the App and does not benefit financially from any sales.